This curry is so straight forward, I can almost make it with my eyes closed. It’s one of my go-to week night recipes because I know it will be on the table in 30 minutes. It also happens to be loaded with vegetables, just in time to help you get back on track for 2017! I suggest making it in a large soup pot and feel free to throw in any vegetables you have on hand.
Tip: This curry can be served over brown rice or quinoa. I suggest quinoa if you’re in a hurry because it’s ready in just 15 minutes. If you’re a big fan of coconut, you can cook your quinoa in coconut milk (1 cup quinoa + 1 can of coconut milk).
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 can of no added salt chickpeas (540 mL)
- 1 can of coconut milk (400 mL)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, diced
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2-4 cups of cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Sauté onions, garlic, ginger in coconut oil until onions are soft and slightly browned.
- Add curry powder and cook for 1 min.
- Add vegetables, coconut milk, broth and chickpeas.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve over a bed of cooked rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with cilantro.