Every time I make this recipe, I end up eating half of the chickpeas straight from the baking sheet just after taking them out of the oven. It’s very hard to stop eating them once you start. They have a very satisfying crunchiness, making them perfect snacking or as a topper for your salad. Chickpeas are also nutrition power houses. They offer protein, fibre, as well as calcium, magnesium and iron, to name a few. They are also very economical, especially if you buy them dried, then soak and cook them yourself. For this recipes, I used canned chickpeas for convenience.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 can (398 ml) no added salt chickpeas
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix olive oil, spices, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rinse chickpeas, then add them to the bowl with the oil and spices and mix well.
- Spread chickpeas evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes at 350 F, or until golden and crunchy. Stir chickpeas halfway.
- When done, remove from the oven. Let chickpeas cool, or eat them right away. Keep in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. They lose their crunch after a few days, so best to eat them right away. Bon App!