Truth be told, I haven’t always loved cauliflower because I don’t like it boiled, and I don’t really love it raw either. But when I started roasting cauliflower, it changed everything. It became a whole new vegetable! I usually roast cauliflower in the oven, but since summer is (sort of) here in Vancouver, I decided to try it on the BBQ this time. The results were pretty good, so I decided to share the recipe with you. Happy BBQ-ing!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 handful sliced almonds, for garnish
Curried Yogurt Dip
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- Start the BBQ (No BBQ? You can also do cook this recipe in the oven at 400 F for 20-30 minutes).
- Measure oil, spices, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a large bowl and stir well.
- Wash cauliflower and cut or break into florets (the smaller the pieces, the quicker they will cook).
- Add cauliflower to the oil and spices and mix until the cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a grill sheet or tin foil.
- Cook cauliflower on the BBQ for ~30 minutes at medium heat, flipping halfway through, until tender and browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the curried yogurt dip.
- When cooked, garnish cauliflower with sliced almonds (optional), and serve with the curried yogurt dip. Bon App!
*Recipe adapted from bon appetite’s “Indian-Style Cauliflower“